Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 No.2C FAP

Article about: An No.2C originally factory painted grey, over painted black with FAP to the front,First Aid Party. It could also stand for First Aid Post too, but later in the war to dispel confusion these

?

Default Mk2 No.2C FAP

An No.2C originally factory painted grey, over painted black with FAP to the front,First Aid Party.
    It could also stand for First Aid Post too, but later in the war to dispel confusion these were marked 1st Aid Post.
    Both shell & liner are dated 1940, & I think both made by BMB. The chin strap is an Mk.2A stamped with an M, being made of magnetic materials & so would not get mixed with straps for an Mk2 No.1 helmet (military issue).
    The cotton twill on the inside of the liner has a nice ink stamp, probably an quality control stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No.2C FAP   Mk2 No.2C FAP  

Mk2 No.2C FAP   Mk2 No.2C FAP  

Hi Aaron that is a very nice clean example in superb condition. Leon.

Another stunner mate, always nice to see them and makes me want to rush out and buy some more for my collection, which has mostly been soft headgear focused recently.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice Lid Aaron ad stated super clean and will look great on the shelf it most certainly won't get lonely.

Regards Mark

That's a nice one..........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

In September 1941 helmets were lettered 1st AID POST while FAP remained for First Aid Parties.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No.2C FAP   Mk2 No.2C FAP  

?

Aaron how were the straps attached to the cotton carrier on the first aid post helmet shown above .
    I am thinking about the images I showed of the Canadian soldiers in Sicily with the partial cotton covers on there helmets I almost wonder if these could be possible candidates or are the carriers solid on the bottom.

Regards Mark

?

As far as I know these are civilian issue, no markings at all, dates/maker names.But they do look like the pictures you showed, the straps are sewn on so would hang down & would not be practicable.
    There is another type also, but this has one end filled in.
    I still reckon those soldiers are wearing first pattern anti mosquito nets.

?

Thanks Aaron they are quite similar as you stated but you are probably correct I have a couple of more images of Canadian troops either in Sicily or the Italian mainland showing the same style yet again of the partial cotton covers in use I will add them to the other thread and we shall see if they reveal any more details.

Regards Mark