Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.

Article about: Laurence Scott Electomotors. An Norwich based firm who produced electric motors, during WW2 supplied the Royal navy with switch gear for submarines,controllers for tank landing craft, &

?

Default Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.

Laurence Scott Electomotors.
    An Norwich based firm who produced electric motors, during WW2 supplied the Royal navy with switch gear for submarines,controllers for tank landing craft, & leg lifting motors for the Mulberry harbour pontoons.
    Original factory grey No.2C, repainted black, probably with the LSE to the front, then over painted again this time green. With the NFS badge between the FB (fire brigade)
    & the firms initials LSE.
    Owner B. EASTER, whose Mk2 chin strap has had an magnetic buckle added in place of an brass one, both liner & shell BMB 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.   Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.  

Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.   Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.  

Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.   Mk2 No.2C LSE. FB.NFS.  

SMP
    ?

Good looking fire helmet. Makes a refreshing change from all the NFS ones you see.

Congrats !

Something upmarket for a NFS lid, very good find.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice, and unusual to see a factory NFS helmet. Is it my eyes, or is the NFS decal a bit larger than normal.

Steve.

?

It's a standard size NFS decal, probably my not so good photo skills that made it look bigger than it should.
    Glad you like it.

A great helmet Aaron, I live about 15 mins walk from the Lawrence and Scott factory's ( they are still there)! Boulton and Paul used to be next to them and were bombed during the Baedeker raids. A ME110 quite famously (round here) nearly flew into the Cathedral spire. Leon.

Nice "Factory" fire one....probably the nicest thing is that you found out what "LSE" stood for.....how many Factory helmets do we all have between us and we don't have a clue?!

Great helmet, with so much history, just as I prefer them.

congrats.

?

Leon & Ade, There were about 3000 employees during ww2, so there still might be some LSE helmets out there. Also I spoke to the owner, whose father's this helmet was.
    A bit of info' about factory FB.

During the air raids of World War 2, many Works Fire Brigades fought fires alongside Regular and Auxiliary Firemen. Coventry, for instance, had 55 separate Works Fire Brigades with some 3000 personnel at this time. A number of Works Firemen lost their lives fighting fires resulting from air raids. At the end of 1942, a Scheme was prepared by the Ministry of Home Security to embody Works Fire Brigades into the NFS as part of the national scheme for fire defence, having originally been omitted from the ‘Emergency Fire Service Organisation Scheme’ in 1937. The new Scheme left works managements with full control of their respective Fire Brigades, whist at the same time making provision for special training facilities, cooperation liaison and in some cases the free issue of equipment.