MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.

Article about: I was very pleased to find and add this to my growing collection of home front helmets. Would this be a regular police officers helmet as apposed to a Special or reserve? Ill let the pics do

NCA
    ?

Default Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.

I was very pleased to find and add this to my growing collection of home front helmets.
    Would this be a regular police officers helmet as apposed to a Special or reserve?
    Ill let the pics do the talking now!

Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.

Shell is dated 1939 and is made by TTC.(teddy toy company)the chinstrap lugs are 1938 dated.The liner is in fairly poor shape and is made by BH&G(barrow hepburn and gale) and is dated 1939 also.
    Last edited by NCA; 06-29-2012 at 01:06 PM.

?

Default Re: Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.

I can't say I've seen a police helmet marked with the 2 white bands & the sergeants stripes as well. Have been told the white stripes were for the war reserves, then that the white stripes were for a sergeant, but you would'nt have the white stripes as well as the sergeants stripes with crown too. So maybe this proves it's a war reserve sergeant, really nice lid

NCA
    ?

Thank you.Thats the beauty of Home front helmets..endless variety and variations!I thought the reserves and specials were marked with a 'WR' or SC?
    What isnt quite clear in the pics is the colour..instead of the normal Police blue this one is a sort of deep bronze/blue.It looks to be factory painted too.
    I believe the 'police' stencil is universal too as there are many that look just the same.

?

The font in this picture I always thought was post war but there is a wartime pic' with exactly the same font. Here's a couple of pics of my SC.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.   Mk2 Police sargeant Helmet.  

Thats a lovely helmet NCA.
    The added bonus of having the 3 different insignia is fantastic.Love it
    Mick

I would say it was quite a rare helmet. The rank (crown over three stripes) is actually Station Sergeant, which was the rank above Sergeant and below Inspector.

Rob

NCA
    ?

Mick, i love it too!Thank you.

And Rob, thank you for the comments.Station Sargeant..that makes a bit more special

I probably overpaid for it but i had to have it and i doubt i will see another.
    Anyone know what they are worth?

Very nice lid, I had a police Mk2 a few years ago.