Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

MK2 A.R.P. Warden

Article about: Morning everyone, this helmet is another small addition to my collection, it is a Mk2 A.R.P. Warden in the classic black paint scheme, in good condition and all well marked. shell: F4 BMB 19

Default MK2 A.R.P. Warden

Morning everyone,
    this helmet is another small addition to my collection, it is a Mk2 A.R.P. Warden in the classic black paint scheme, in good condition and all well marked.
    shell: F4 BMB 1939
    liner MK1 pattern: BMB I / 1939
    size: 6-3 / 4
    control mark: broad arrow + 508

All components appear to be original ones to me, I think it's also interesting that liner and shell are matched and both marked "BMB 1939", also the black paint is the one with which it was originally manufactured, evidently born as Home Front supply.
    Inside it was painted a "6." number, which I does not know the meaning.
    Another thing that I've noticed, is that the "W" letter, seems to have been originally painted with a smaller font and only from one side, subsequently covered with a larger font and simultaneously has been added on the opposite side, I wondering if it was subsequently issued a regulation that would specify this variation, or it is the result of his own initiative?
    Thank you in advance for all your comments.

Greetings
    Roberto

MK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. WardenMK2 A.R.P. Warden

That might be a 9 rather than a 6, but it does not matter. It is probably Warden number 6 (or 9) who stores his helmet in the same location as the other wardens I guess.

Always nice to get the basic lids, Warden etc....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    That might be a 9 rather than a 6, but it does not matter. It is probably Warden number 6 (or 9) who stores his helmet in the same location as the other wardens I guess.

Always nice to get the basic lids, Warden etc....
    Thanks Jerry for your comment; I agree, it is not always possible to find a rarity, but I'm always glad to find a all original item.

Really nice original example of a Brit Warden mk2 Helmet.congrats.

It's a long way from home...but nice helmet.....well done.....there's hundreds and hundreds more to go!!!!

Another nice addition Roberto, well done. Leon.