Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.

Article about: An senior Ambulance officer, what exact rank I'm not sure, but senior (two black bands). Underneath the paint going from the lining securing nut to about half way through the A, is an large

?

Default Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.

An senior Ambulance officer, what exact rank I'm not sure, but senior (two black bands).
    Underneath the paint going from the lining securing nut to about half way through the A, is an large diamond, & below that a small A.
    Interestingly the black bands don't go all the way to the edge of the rim,not seen that before.The Mk1 liner is dated 1938, but the layers of paint makes reading of the date/maker of the shell unreadable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.   Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.  

Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.   Mk2. Senior Ambulance Officer.  

Very nice Aaron and thanks for posting it

Matt

Hi Aaron, certainly a different variation, but it looks good to me. A nice helmet and it is good to see the helmet screw still secure under the paint and un-messed with. Leon.

?

Very nice and rare I would think. Possibly only one of these for each Borough or town.

?

I found this photo from a past auction. I think this would be the next level up seniority, so may contradict my earlier post.

very nice Aaron its hard to tell from the photo so can i ask if the paint extends up into the dome or just up the rim line ?

?

The white paint only goes to the inside brim.

?

Quote by Tinhat View Post
    I found this photo from a past auction. I think this would be the next level up seniority, so may contradict my earlier post.

One black band would be below an two band marked helmet.
    Taking the lead from London the previous year, in July 1942 the two inch black band was reduced in width to one inch.