Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

Article about: I have always wondered why these helmets are nearly always in un-issued condition, & reading the information that Mick supplied now know why. These S.A helmets were made from 1940-45, ro

Yes, is 1940: sorry for the lousy pic!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

?

This S.A. Mk2 has an 1942 dated liner which as ever was made by Jager Rand.
    Overall in good condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Lovely Helmet Mate

Rooted out my MkII South African helmet mine is a 1943 model with the black felt crown pad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

?

Thanks Rene, & a really mint example Redstalker.

Dear friends,
    this is a South African used by an Indian soldier in the Italian campaign.
    Generally I've always found with the liner Jager Rand 1942 or 1943, while this is a 1940, as you can see from the photos.
    The paint is not the usual "rough".
    What do you think?

Roberto

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

?

Very hard to find 1940 dated ones, & they are the best ones to have. As for the paint, it looks repainted, but I have seen a video of these helmets being painted at the factory, they sort of stippled it on with a stiff hand brush.

Yes, the upper part was repainted whit a brush on field during use, but the color is identical to the internal never touched.

?

On youtube, South African helmet production, shows them being made & painted.

Hi, this is a South African Mk2 1942 WW2, I believe re-used by the Israeli Army during the Six Day War.
    Israelis replacement the cup-shaped bolt, then painted in white color to differentiate by Arab coalition troops, than often also used their helmets to the British model.

greetings
    Roberto

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast