Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

Article about: I have always wondered why these helmets are nearly always in un-issued condition, & reading the information that Mick supplied now know why. These S.A helmets were made from 1940-45, ro

WWH
    ?

Hi everyone,

We want to update the SA Mark II helmet page on World War Helmets, so can you help us to do this ?
    .: World War Helmets - Casque Mark II :.

We search beautiful pictures with white background of early examples painted in green.

So loupie1961 and tinlid, can you make great photos of yours beautiful helmets ?

Thanks for help. :-)

SMP
    ?

A very early chinstrap lug from a mint 1940 dated helmet ( courtesy of e-bay )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Morning everyone,
    I wanted to share these two SA Mk2 recently added to my collection.
    They come from two old collections, in fact inside them are still present the paper labels put by the previous owner to classify them.
    The first example is a Italian Campaign relic, it has been widely used but is in excellent condition and the net ghost used on it is still visible.
    Both have a "Jagher Rand" liner 1942 marked, with the kakhi felt of the first type.
    The first example, has the shape of the dome rounder than a standard SA Mk2 and its profile is lower, due to the fact that the edge has been slightly folded upward during the application of the edge-covering
    The second example, however, is characterized by a chinstrap slightly different from those I have normally seen on these helmets, has the diagonal canvas texture instead of the usual horizontal type.

Thanks for looking
    Roberto

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

I- Example
    Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

II-Example

Fantastic SA Mk2s Roberto

Plus one, must add that back in the day it was "Zuid Afrika" in the Africaans language.

Superb example. I love that genuine patina.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's the two I dragged half way across the world
    Picture re upload

Great examples Renè,
    the green one with the fabric on the liner is fantastic!
    I really like SA helmets, I add two other examples in my collection, the first is a late production, marked 1943 and with black felt; the second example with the net, is marked 1940 and is interesting because it has the chinstrap lugs with clipped corner and removable folded rivets.

Regards
    Roberto

?

I received this one a few days ago and happy to have it in my collection. It is a dark green heavily sanded over tan. Non clipped riveted chin strap connectors with a 1942 marked brown felt cap. It looks like they painted it after they put it together since there is dark green paint on the chin straps also.
    Thanks for looking.

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 09-14-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Hope of interest South African helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast