Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

Article about: I have always wondered why these helmets are nearly always in un-issued condition, & reading the information that Mick supplied now know why. These S.A helmets were made from 1940-45, ro

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    There is a green example with a belgian looking liner on ebay, post war reissue I assume
    No mate, I already have it and it is a hideous "British Racing Green" shade of definately civilian gloss

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I have had this one a little while and got this "WWtwo Hemlet" from ebay for less than shipping. British liner CCL 1945 but I can't figure out that colour. There is a patch of broken paint I can lift up a tiny bit and see unsanded tan under the paint. Anyone recognize this paint colour? Thanks in advance.

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.

?

Paint looks like it was applied recently, the strap is from Israel.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Paint looks like it was applied recently, the strap is from Israel.
    That strap was driving me nuts. I don't know when the top layer of paint was put on but the helmet was disassembled to paint it (bolt is also painted at the same time) and the paint is oil base (I have a stripper that removes just latex paints). Post war Israeli refurb? It came to me from a guy who sells estate finds in Souther California, maybe prop painted? Either way looks good and worse case I toss a net on it.
    Thanks for the help

Hallo, a green SA helmet MKII whit SA net, i think maked at the beginning of production. It has a not standard bolt and a beautifull Jager Rand mark.

SMP
    ?

Very, very nice ! Rare original net as well. Congratulations !

Oh, and if you ever want to sell it , let me know ( miracles can happen )
    Last edited by SMP; 03-10-2020 at 05:56 PM.

?

Wow, great to see an original net.
    Can we have a whole picture of the inside of the helmet. Must be an early early liner with that stamp.

Thanks, this is the inside

SMP
    ?

Clipped bales with split pins . I have a similar one

SMP
    ?

Just picked up this 1942 dated SA helmet. It is painted in the later, textured, dark green UDF paint ( as opposed to the earlier, lighter green UDF ) that was used by the factory immediately before they switched to the more common sand-yellow. What I like about this one are the clear ripples in the shell, and ground-in sand and dirt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.   Mk2 South African Union Defence Force.  

Last edited by SMP; 09-04-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast