Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

MkI* with insignia

Article about: A MkI* made by Thomas Firth & sons 1915-19, chin strap lug dated 1939 & liner 1940. I don't know what the insignia is that is on both sides but looks like a blue diamond with a red c

?

Default MkI* with insignia

A MkI* made by Thomas Firth & sons 1915-19, chin strap lug dated 1939 & liner 1940. I don't know what the insignia is that is on both sides but looks like a blue diamond with a red cross?
    Very hard to find these MkI*'s & doubly so with insignia even if I don't know what it is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkI* with insignia   MkI* with insignia  

MkI* with insignia   MkI* with insignia  

MkI* with insignia  

Default Re: MkI* with insignia

Nice lid Aaron but i thought all MK1*Conversions were done in 1936 when the new padded Vero liner was introduced,they were the main stream helmets in the british army until the MK11 production had caught up,so how does a MK1 end up being overhauled as late as 39/40?regards minnie.

?

The MkI liner produced by Helmets Ltd first came out in 1937, I thought the MkI*'s were refurbed in 37-38. But Piotrek showed one dated 39, & as the chin strap lugs are dated 39 on this one they must have refurbed them from 37-39.

?

I love Your helmet
    Piotrek

Cheers Aaron,so refurbs 37-39 and MK11 starting producing in 38 but assembly 21 JUNE 1939,very rare lid mate so wish this was in my collectionregards minnie.

There was a MKI* on ebay last week, with part of the rim trim coming off of it. no bidders on a starting price of £52, though the seller only showed one poor pic if I remember correctly.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.