Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

MKI khaki colour in comparion to MK2 khaki/brown and MK3

Article about: Hello, I know there are plenty of references to helmet colours on the forum but I’ve never actually had an army MK2 in the hand, don’t remember ever seeing one (I thought they were all just

Steve

That is all really good information thank you. It is clearly difficult to be certain about colour even with an example in your hands, but I go along with your thinking. I will endeavour to find some documentation to go alongside the evidence of the helmets themselves.

Andrew

Aaron

Thanks for the additional information. Were the serious problems with Khaki Green No 3 shades experienced specifically at the helmet manufacturers or generally with other users?

Andrew

?

There was trouble with green in general due to a shortage of the green pigments.
    The war office decided to introduce brown as the standard camouflage colour for vehicles & other equipment to get over the problem of shortage of green pigments.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    There was trouble with green in general due to a shortage of the green pigments.
    The war office decided to introduce brown as the standard camouflage colour for vehicles & other equipment to get over the problem of shortage of green pigments.
    Specifically it was a shortage of chromium oxide .

Lots of info in here. Some ( including the definition of the early Nobel Khaki No 3 as " Tea with milk" ) is applicable to helmets

.Colours

Thank you, this is a good article.

Andrew

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3