Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons

Article about: Arrived today, a well used example with a camo overpaint. It was obviously stripped back to bare metal when it was restored for WWII use in the late 1930's with a textured overpaint and then

Default MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons

Arrived today, a well used example with a camo overpaint. It was obviously stripped back to bare metal when it was restored for WWII use in the late 1930's with a textured overpaint and then the pale brown stripes added on top after it had seen some use I think. A lovely been there paint job IMO.

Made by Thomas Firth & Sons with uncommonly seen for MKI* it has MKIII chinstrap lugs. It came with post war liner and chinstrap that the seller put in which I have replaced with a MKI liner and MKII chinstrap that I had as spares.

I had been after a MKI* for a while so very pleased to get this example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons   MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons  

MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons   MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons  

MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The Mk1* is quite hard to find, so glad you found one.

?

Nice find.

One day I will have one of these too, just a matter of time, being in the right place at the right time and having the money spare which which seems to be the biggest problem

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    Nice find.

One day I will have one of these too, just a matter of time, being in the right place at the right time and having the money spare which which seems to be the biggest problem

Tony
    Thanks Tony,

it was £39 plus £8 P&P and I had to add the liner and chinstrap to it, though I had them but the liners are C. £25 these days and the chinstraps are a tenner so about £82 all in for it, plus the fitting bolt and nut.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice MK* Jerry, I haven't seen one with MKIII chinstrap lugs before so thanks for posting it

Matt

A detail of the MKIII lugs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKI* Thomas Firth & Sons  
    Regards,

Jerry