Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MkII with blue triangle flash

Article about: Good morning, Is there any knowledge in this forum about this blue triangle on a MkII helmet? At the rear there is a red cross. No idea if this is original or not. The helmet has been on the

Default MkII with blue triangle flash

Good morning,

Is there any knowledge in this forum about this blue triangle on a MkII helmet? At the rear there is a red cross. No idea if this is original or not. The helmet has been on the proverbial attic (together with a FJ, not in my possession though) MkII with blue triangle flashMkII with blue triangle flashin The Netherlands. I know the family that has lived there since before the war.

I did not have the opportunity to really check the helmet for a maker, nor the liner. It has a MkIII chinstrap clip.

Cheers,
    Emile

I believe the blue triangle would represent the Irish Guards.

Hello Roger,

Thanks for your answer to my question. Do you have some pics showing this triangle in use?

Thanks,
    Emile

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures.
    The book "The British Soldier volume 1" by Jean Bouchery shows the upside down Triangle for the Irish Guards although it is in the wrong colour. I think it is to represent the pale blue plume on the Bearskin Hat traditionally worn by The Irish Guards,which seems to match the colour of the triangle on your helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII with blue triangle flash   MkII with blue triangle flash  

Thanks Roger!

That seems to be the answer.

Cheers,
    Emile

Just to follow up the theory Emile here are some Welsh Guard examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images MkII with blue triangle flash  MkII with blue triangle flash