Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

MkII British Army Helmet

Article about: Here I have a British army MkII. The colour of the helmet is of a dark matt khaki and not as reflective to light as the the civilian MkIIs. The helmet is manufactured by BMB (Briggs Motor Bo

Default MkII British Army Helmet

Here I have a British army MkII. The colour of the helmet is of a dark matt khaki and not as reflective to light as the the civilian MkIIs. The helmet is manufactured by BMB (Briggs Motor Bodies) but the year is either under chin strap lug or the paint (the BMB is half visible from behind the chin strap lug). The liner is also made by BMB and is dated 1939. I am assuming it's an army helmet so waiting on your opinions guys. Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII British Army Helmet   MkII British Army Helmet  

MkII British Army Helmet   MkII British Army Helmet  

MkII British Army Helmet  

Hi, another nice MKII that is a good top grade lid intended for military use. Leon.

?

Looks to be smooth khaki green inside & out, making it a home front helmet & not an army issue one.
    To be army it needs to have khaki green textured paint on the outside.

SMP
    ?

It might have been used by the home guard , but I wouldn't say it was army issue. Army helmets had a non-reflective, rough, outer coat.

Posted the same time as you Aaron !!

Quite right fella's, I was not very clear with my description of "military use". Home Front/Guard would have been more appropriate. Leon.

If you can help, i have one equal of FAP. I will post as soon as possible.

Here it is the same but "FAP".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII British Army Helmet   MkII British Army Helmet  

MkII British Army Helmet   MkII British Army Helmet  

Here's my "A" Ambulance, these early Home Front tan helmets are scarce these days. Leon.MkII British Army Helmet