Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII cloth cover conversion

Article about: A conversion from a mosquito net helmet cover made into a camo cover. It looks great but when it was done is not known to me, perhaps recently but it looks great on a lid. I saw one of these

Default MKII cloth cover conversion

A conversion from a mosquito net helmet cover made into a camo cover. It looks great but when it was done is not known to me, perhaps recently but it looks great on a lid. I saw one of these a few months back on a dealers site missdescribed and being sold for a lot of money as an original WWII cloth camo helmet cover. I put it on the first helmet to hand to take the pics but I will have to find one with crappy paint to put it on for display. It is nicely maker marked and dated with a WD arrow for 1943.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII cloth cover conversion   MKII cloth cover conversion  

MKII cloth cover conversion   MKII cloth cover conversion  

MKII cloth cover conversion   MKII cloth cover conversion  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice Jerry,fits like a glove,and something you dont see everyday,thanks for showing...........

very nice Jerry ,i like very much
    Regards James

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Very nice Jerry,fits like a glove,and something you dont see everyday,thanks for showing...........
    Thanks Jake, the price was good for it as they do get sold for silly money and in fact unmessed with examples are cheaper. Here is Mark's intact version. 1944 dated cotton tan tropical Mosquitoe cover
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Nice pick up Jerry they do look rather good when displayed I would want to see a lot of staining to the cotton cloth and perhaps some wear to the material on the dome as well as around the rim before even considering that one might have been period modified and used but all the same a nice addition to any commonwealth headgear collection.

Regards Mark

Too true Mark and probably one of the ones I saw for sale local to me in Cardiff 10 years ago or when ever it was.

At least it was sensibly priced and it does look good.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Jerry If given the opportunity to purchase one at a good price I would gladly add another to my collection for display .

Regards Mark