Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner

Article about: Hi guys, I've just received this interesting lid that I wanted to share. It appears to be a British RO&Co shell with original factory paint on the inside and field applied desert tan cam

Default MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner

Hi guys,

I've just received this interesting lid that I wanted to share.

It appears to be a British RO&Co shell with original factory paint on the inside and field applied desert tan camo on the outside.

The Jaeger Rand liner is fixed with a British "economy size" bolt and the outside paint looks to applied afterwards.

The chinstrap is at some point replaced by a British MKIII, but the lugs are "early war" issue original to the shell.

In my opinion it looks like a typical mix of commonwealth components which were often used by 8th army units.

Opinions are welcome.

Cheers, Mads

@Mod, For some reason I cant add the photos in the text box, íf possible please change it for me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner   MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner  

MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner   MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner  

MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner   MKII Desert Tan, British RO&Co 1941 shell, SA Jaeger Rand 1940 liner  

?

Hi Mads nice score my friend I rather like it the liner and shell look to have been together for some time IMO the chinstrap looks to be a more recent addition though but that could be easily fixed.

Regards Mark