Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

MKII desert tan helmet

Article about: Name: h4.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 148.3 KB  ID: 847514 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> First there was no liner in it so it it a good one?

Aik
    ?

Default MKII desert tan helmet

MKII desert tan helmet MKII desert tan helmet MKII desert tan helmet MKII desert tan helmet

First there was no liner in it so it it a good one?

?

No, not a good one , looks to be a post war Belgium Mk2 clone.
    Note counter sunk hole for the nut and bolt, the steel rim plus smooth paint.

Aik
    ?

I felt there was something wrong i dont collect british but i tought this one was right thankyou for the reaction.

Hi, sadly Aaron is spot on, not a British MKII tan helmet. Leon.

?

I know about the countersunk bolt hole on Belgian MKII clones but what's different about the rim?

Tony

well spotted Aaron ,i didnt even notice the recess for the liner bolt and the brit liner threw me off the scent ,here is my belgium mk11 clone or m49 as its knownMKII desert tan helmetMKII desert tan helmetMKII desert tan helmetMKII desert tan helmetMKII desert tan helmetMKII desert tan helmet

?

Hi Tony, Being an Belgium Mk2 clone, but from now on I will have to remember to call it an M49, it's just the way the rim sits on the shell, plus also I think it's made of steel & not stainless steel like the British ones. So they rust & the paint stays on there better.
    Good comparison Belgium M49 & Brit Mk2.

?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Hi Tony, Being an Belgium Mk2 clone, but from now on I will have to remember to call it an M49, it's just the way the rim sits on the shell, plus also I think it's made of steel & not stainless steel like the British ones. So they rust & the paint stays on there better.
    Good comparison Belgium M49 & Brit Mk2.
    Thanks Aaron!
    At least I don't have any trouble noticing the liner bolt depression on Belgian helmets, it's always the first thing I look for as well as the usual brown liner but as James says, the Brit liner can catch you out if you aren't careful.

Tony