Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)

Article about: Hi, I just "retrieved" this nice F.A.P helmet from my mate that I lent him 5 years ago for a 1940's weekend. I forgot I had it until I mentioned to him that I was moving into the B

Default MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)

Hi, I just "retrieved" this nice F.A.P helmet from my mate that I lent him 5 years ago for a 1940's weekend. I forgot I had it until I mentioned to him that I was moving into the British Home Front collecting area! Anyway, it is a nice 1939 dated piece, with F.A.P on both the back and front , plus a nice MKI liner. Me and the wife are now off to the 1940's weekend at Sheringham in Norfolk by coincidence so I hope the rain holds off! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)   MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)  

MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)   MKII F.A.P Helmet(1939)  

Which item of headgear will you be wearing Leon?

I would say a good addition but always nice to get items you lent back and it looks a good one and will go nice with your other MKII's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

wow that must have been one long weekend, 5 years, well your beating me in MKIIs now I only have 2 but as it is my birthday to I day could get another.

?

I am rather envious of you gents in the UK there was such a vast network of Civil defense and home front units during the war which means there is a wide variety of Mk II helmets to choose from and add to one's collection I do not forsee you running out of examples to add in the near future Leon have a great weekend post up some images for us to see on your return.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I am rather envious of you gents in the UK there was such a vast network of Civil defense and home front units during the war which means there is a wide variety of Mk II helmets to choose from and add to one's collection I do not forsee you running out of examples to add in the near future Leon have a great weekend post up some images for us to see on your return.

Regards Mark
    Funny that Mark i've always thought of you guys on your side of the pond with regards to M1's the amount of sellers who only ship within the US or US/CANADA,guess it will stay the same forever.another great Lid Leon,and enjoy your weekend..............

?

Jake if you ever see a lid on this side of the pond that catches your fancy and the seller won't ship internationally let me know and I would be more than happy to play the part of the middle man and have it shipped to me and then repost it and send it on its way to you in the UK.

Regards Mark

?

There might be a long queue Mark, is the post office near to where you live
    Nice addition Leon

Thanks mate but you may have just opened yourself up to some serious bombardment of continuous non stop ordering from the UK boys..........

?

No worries Jake and Aaron glad to do it on occasion the boat may have to travel both ways across the puddle though once in awhile there are sellers in the UK that don't ship internationally as well so I end up not being able to bid on helmets I would love to add to my collection.

Regards Mark

?

Are you interested in the HSAT with RA flash, which is up to £2850 with 4hrs to go?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast