Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover

Article about: Just got back from a militaria fair in St George's hall in Liverpool after a great find on one of the stalls. The guy was selling a MkII helmet RO.Co (Rubery Owen) dated 1939 which doesn't a

Default MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover

Just got back from a militaria fair in St George's hall in Liverpool after a great find on one of the stalls. The guy was selling a MkII helmet RO.Co (Rubery Owen) dated 1939 which doesn't appear to be a military helmet due to the paint colour being a greyish blue in colour but still a nice early MkII. The liner has no makers mark only a size of 7 1/4 (that's the second helmet I have now with no makers mark does anyone have any ideas why?) The mosquito helmet net that was on the MkII I recognised from an internet dealer site (I can't remember which one) that I had viewed a while ago selling the helmet net alone for about £180 or so. So I plucked up the courage to ask how much, held my breath and he said £100 so I bit his arm right off The mosquito helmet net is marked R. S. Co. Ltd and dated 1944 with the broad arrow stamp. What do you think guys a good buy or what?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover   MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover  

MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover   MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover  

MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover   MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover  

MkII Helmet with mosquito net cover  

A super find, the Mosquito nets are rarely seen and cost a few pennies, I would however say that these two were never originally together as the steels surface wear shows no relation to the nets wear. A good buy all the same, I would put the net on a more suitably matched MKII personally. Leon.

Yeah I was thinking the same as the rust on the MkII and no marks on the cover and the paint seems to be of civil use origin. May put it on my South African made MkII helmet they should compliment each other

?

You can pick up the mosquito covers sometimes for £25-35.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    You can pick up the mosquito covers sometimes for £25-35.
    True Aaron, but I have seen a couple sell on their own for £100+ recently, so I guess it is the usual supply and demand thing. Leon.

Before now I'd never seen one in the flesh and only ever seen one on the Internet. I just had a look around seen a few for sale from £85 upto £185 so it's a sellers market out there.

Good morning to all,
    I want to show that mosquito net that I found this morning, I finally found one in good condition, similar as that shown by Ian.
    I would pair it with this the Mk2 visible in the photos, I hope it is correct.

Greetings
    Roberto

MkII Helmet with mosquito net coverMkII Helmet with mosquito net coverMkII Helmet with mosquito net coverMkII Helmet with mosquito net cover

Roberto I love the colour of your one it seems to be more olive drab in colour where the one I own is more sand coloured. It maybe down to the lighting or maybe yours has seen some use. Thanks for sharing your example

Thanks Ian,
    indeed the light and use may alter the original color, but the coloration that appears in the picture is quite corresponding to the reality and appears to be darker than your example.

Cheers
    Roberto