MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.

Article about: I have just seen this one on the web and if it is genuine it "ticks" two boxes for me as I love cricket!! The decal looks period to me, and I would not be in the slightest bit surp

Well I have ordered it courtesy of my good "ol" granddad, he wanted to buy his eldest grandson a little present so I suggested this!! Thanks "ol" boy! I will post some better images of it when it arrives. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Well I have ordered it courtesy of my good "ol" granddad, he wanted to buy his eldest grandson a little present so I suggested this!! Thanks "ol" boy! I will post some better images of it when it arrives. Leon.
    Getaway? Admit it Leon, the wife was standing behind you as you typed this.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Getaway? Admit it Leon, the wife was standing behind you as you typed this.....
    HaHa, when I want a "sneaky" purchase I get up early and buy it while she's asleep!! She sleeps a hell of a lot judging by my military overspend!! Leon.

?

I think that the MCC in this case is Middlesex County Council - the shield is certainly the one for that now vanished county. Still a very nice helmet though.

Regards,

Philip

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I think that the MCC in this case is Middlesex County Council - the shield is certainly the one for that now vanished county. Still a very nice helmet though.

Regards,

Philip
    Nice one Phillip, I never thought of that! Once I have it I am going to take it down to the Lords musuem to see if they know anything about it, if not then the council it is!! Cheers, Leon.

Could be council, certainly looks like it hasn't seen much work!!!
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by DrPMC View Post

Regards,

Philip
    Though probably correct, it does somewhat kill the romance of Leon's newest excursion into brit lids. A cricket club lid must have been up there with WG Grace's box on his most wanted lid.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The more I think about it a local council would make much more sense, it does strike me as odd that a club would produce it's own helmet decals. That said, we all know how pompous those chaps are down at St Johns wood. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    The more I think about it a local council would make much more sense, it does strike me as odd that a club would produce it's own helmet decals. That said, we all know how pompous those chaps are down at St Johns wood. Leon.
    The minions that worked in the Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament) during the war had their helmets emblazoned with the Crown & Portcullis symbol of that once esteemed establishment that is now the den of crooks, liars and shysters.....

Quote by big ned View Post
    The minions that worked in the Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament) during the war had their helmets emblazoned with the Crown & Portcullis symbol of that once esteemed establishment that is now the den of crooks, liars and shysters.....

Don't shoot me down Ned when I say this but " I have read Jeffery Archers First Among Equals"! You are spot on in your assessment of the type of "character" that now resides in our highest office! Leon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast