MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.

Article about: I have just seen this one on the web and if it is genuine it "ticks" two boxes for me as I love cricket!! The decal looks period to me, and I would not be in the slightest bit surp

Quote by Anon View Post
    Though probably correct, it does somewhat kill the romance of Leon's newest excursion into brit lids. A cricket club lid must have been up there with WG Grace's box on his most wanted lid.
    I can live with it Jerry, it is still a nice lid and as my old grand pops has bought it for me it will always hold a special place in my heart. It must have been "destiny" that he would buy me this one anyway as he is a born and breed Islington man which as I am sure you know is in the county of MIDDLESEX!!! Leon.

A county council lid must be quite a rare beauty in its own right mate and a middlesex one is pretty cool with its similarity to the cricket club of the same name.

Pretty cool that your bamps is from the county.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Well it's here, taking any images of this are a real pig as it is shinier than my old parade boots!! Anyway, it's a good looking lid, the black paint is very thick and shiny , there is also the "shadow" of another Middlesex M.C.C decal to the rear underneath the paint. It also has the half way house spring chinstrap with an elasticated middle section, certainly a helmet a bit different to the norm! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.   MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.  

MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.   MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.  

MKII Home Front M.C.C (Lords cricket ground) Helmet.  

?

Nice Mk II Leon I would proudly display it in my collection looks to have seen very little service and the water transfer decal is killer.

Regards Mark

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3