Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKII Malta cammo (again)

Article about: Watch out chaps, the "story teller" is at it again. He states his first auction ended early as his brother did not want to sell the FAKE helmet, but has now changed his mind, so it

Default MKII Malta cammo (again)

Watch out chaps, the "story teller" is at it again. He states his first auction ended early as his brother did not want to sell the FAKE helmet, but has now changed his mind, so it's on offer again! For me, it is not the same helmet at all, and I suspect some idiot offered silly money to end the last auction early! Here's a nice new Malta cammo with a great story to ENSURE it's authenticity! Also admire it's lovely brand new RED rust patina. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Malta cammo (again)   MKII Malta cammo (again)  

MKII Malta cammo (again)   MKII Malta cammo (again)  

?

Yes, saw this was back on again

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Yes, saw this was back on again
    This is nothing like the beauty you own Aaron! Yours is a real one look stonker, I am getting sick of seeing "Malta cammo's" on the bay or anywhere else for that matter. A couple of years ago, the one or two I ever saw were decent looking pieces, but now there is one every few weeks that all look like they were "rusted" yesterday! Leon.

Just looking through eBay and someone has bid on it

Quote by Redstalker View Post
    Just looking through eBay and someone has bid on it
    STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES!
    If only people not only used their eye's but also joined forums like this, they would not only save themselves a few wasted quid, but also the humiliation of buying trash at a top price!
    I have only collected MKII's for a couple of years, but I have applied my 25 years+ collecting knowledge of Third Reich helmets in the same way to determine authenticity. Patina/layers/component parts etc. I see so many MKII's now that would not pass the test as they have been "altered", either from kids play or a serious faker!
    Even a Wardens helmet needs a second look now!! Leon.

Next will be his sisters helmet, then one that belonged to his dog.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Let me get this right...so there was one for sale previous to this one?His brother decided to keep it..but now its for sale again...but its different?

Quote by NCA View Post
    Let me get this right...so there was one for sale previous to this one?His brother decided to keep it..but now its for sale again...but its different?
    Hi, I did not keep images of the original "sale" but I do not remember seeing those distinctive claw "scratches". If this is indeed the same helmet (& I do not think it is) I would not touch it with the proverbial barge pole. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I did not keep images of the original "sale" but I do not remember seeing those distinctive claw "scratches". If this is indeed the same helmet (& I do not think it is) I would not touch it with the proverbial barge pole. Leon.
    Photos from the last sale .....

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII Malta cammo (again)   MKII Malta cammo (again)  

Quote by ynot View Post
    Photos from the last sale .....

Tony
    Even the camo pattern is slightly different and as Leon said the scratches are different.

Matt