Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Quote by tinlid View Post
    A neat early police Mk2, I would like to know if there is any significance regarding the font on your helmet, as it's slightly different than normal. I was told it was used on women police helmets but I'm not sure, can't see why.
    I remember it was mentioned before about the unusual font on this Police, but had not heard it was possibly for Woman Police officers, interesting info. Thanks for it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Heres an example of a 1942 Australian Police MkII.
    Helmet has been whitewashed.It is made by Commonwealth Steel,Liner by Dunlop.
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

An Australian 1942 Combat MkII finished with sand camo paint.
    Broadarrows and inspectors initials on the shell and chin strap and size 7 on rim.
    Manufactured by Commonwealth Steel and Liner is marked with date and maker which i still havnt been able to identify positively,it could be short for Dunlop ?
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

I think I would like to start with this one as it is such an oddity I mulled over this Mk II for some time and finally broke down and put out the cash as I find it such a curious lid
    The markings on the shell are obliterated by paint and rust and I refuse to take out the liner retention bolt as I do not want to damage the paint to look for the manufacturers mark on the reverse side of the vertical band so it is a wee bit of a Mystery lid the camo is defiantly eye brow lifting.

Regards Mark K

?

This Mk II is a 1941 G.S.W. Mk I with a 41 dated size 7 VMC liner it is sporting a first variant two tone cam net and IMO shows some real nice age and patina on the shell.
    There is ghost image on the paint were the camo net has been resting on it for a long time when I carefully removed the net to take pictures the net retained its shape (memory).

Regards Mark K

Hi

I have three, this one is a Joseph Sankey & Sons shell, 1941
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

A Norwegian post war reissue, Briggs Motor Bodies Ltd and 1943 dated.

A British Police issue, Briggs Motor Bodies Ltd and 1939 dated.

?

I just recently added this police issued Mk II the shell is a 1940 dated C.L./C.
    It was a bit of a Gamble as there was no mention of the date on the liner so it is a bit of a mystery helmet till It gets here. ( I do like surprises )
    These Mk II's were issued to the police near the begging of the second world war and used through out the war years I know police Mk II helmets are a fairly common civic lid in the UK but I very rarely see the Canadian variant in the market place for sale.

Regards Mark K

When I get a new Mk.II lid, I carefully take the liner out, see if there is anymore markings.

Sometime they have year and size stamps on the hidden side, and sometimes with painted, or engraved C Broad Arrow on them.

Cheers!
    Taka

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast