Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

BMB 1940 shell and liner. M/FA is Messenger/First Aid, it's unusual to see a helmet marked like this. The carrier is not marked in any way and came with the helmet.

The cruciform pad is missing, but apart from that is in good condition

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

?

Not a Mk1*, but what looks to have been a Mk1 converted by it's owner by adding a MkII liner, I'm not sure why, it may just be a bit of one upmanship to use a helmet from the Great War, he even bothered to stich the leather strap on after the Mk1 liner was removed.

W (FG), Head Warden including Fire Guard. Liner is a TTC 1940

Named to a Capt C.E.W Coe

Quite an uncommon set of initials and surname, so good possibility of it being Cambridge educated, WW1 Captain (Quartermaster) Charles Edward Wilkin Coe, RAMC. He died in Cambridge, 1947, aged 67.

Cheers, Tom

?

Another one to add to the thread gents I can only assume it is a British wartime dated shell by the chinstrap lugs as the heavy sand texturing has obliterated the makers mark and or date stamp.
    A good many Canadian Mk II's were reported to be refurbed for the Canadian Army early on in the 50's for reissue for the boys heading overseas to Korea so this one has me a little the liner is in a size 7 1/8 and is C-/l\ marked only no date stamp or manufacturers mark.
    The chin strap looks to be war time manufactured but bares the Canadian government acceptance code stamp only which if memory serves me right did not start being used till the late 40's a we bit of an odd combination with the British Shell any one have any thoughts.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Hi Mark,

Another nice helmet.

I think the CDN Government Acceptance stamp was first used in around 1952, also the same year that King George VI dies.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Thanks for that Taka I guess the memory is not quite as good as I thought it was LOL my dad calls it ( C.R.A.F.T. DISEASE ) Cant remember a frigging thing .

Regards Mark K

Also I notice the rather scarce square chinstrap buckle.

I have one example, and is unpainted, which I think it's on my DP&H helmet.

Cheers!
    Taka

?

Good eyes Taka no sneaking nothing by you

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Good eyes Taka no sneaking nothing by you

Regards Mark K
    Thank you Mark.

When did they starting to make that version???

Regards,
    Taka

I know the major difference of CDN and British helmet, other than the chin strap lugs, and maker stamps. There is one more minor difference to look.

Which is the liner laces. The weaves are different.

British - "single file" weave

CDN - "Cris-cross" weave

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Taka

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast