Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Here is my 1941 Canadian GSW MkII with a 1941 VMC liner.
    It has the decal of the "Princess Irene Brigade" a Dutch contingent formed officially in August 1941.

Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Hi Mick and a very nice Canadian Mk II you have indeed the decal is a first for me and a pleasure to see

Regards Mark K

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Here is my 1941 Canadian GSW MkII with a 1941 VMC liner.
    It has the decal of the "Princess Irene Brigade" a Dutch contingent formed officially in August 1941.

Mick
    A very rear helmet, indeed!

I like the early war smooth texture as well.

It might have a black C Broad-Arrow stamped inside the shell.

Thank you for posting.

Cheers!
    Taka

I will have a look Taka,and get back to you mate

?

Another Canadian Mk II with painted capital red F on the front denoting the helmet was used by the Canadian Army Fire services she is a C.L./C. 1941 with V.M.C. 41 LINER chin strap is C-/l\ marked it has a nice patina and looks to be lightly used with the number 14 scrolled on the front and back with a grease pen.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Hello all,

I don't know how I missed this thread but it's great! Up first is a netted Mk2 (I added the shell dressing myself) with a 1941 dated CCL liner. The net which has faded considerably has left a 'ghost' image of itself on the shell.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Next, a 1942 dated South African Jaeger Rand. In both cases the shell maker is hidden beneath the thick sand-textured paint. I'm still looking for a net for the S.A Mk 2 but they are about as rare as rocking horse sh*%!

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Cheers,

Ian.

Hi Ian,

Can you show us some photos (the chinstrap)of your netted helmet? Does it have a chinstrap buckle?

Nice helmets, by the way.

Regards,
    Taka

Hello Taka,

I'm just on my way out so I'll take some pics for you when I get in. It is a Mk 3 chinstrap and is featured on Tinlid's new chinstrap thread if you want to look now. The buckle is actually attached to the bale on the inside of the shell and acts as a kind of slider.

Cheers mate,

Ian.

Quote by canti44 View Post
    Hello Taka,

I'm just on my way out so I'll take some pics for you when I get in. It is a Mk 3 chinstrap and is featured on Tinlid's new chinstrap thread if you want to look now. The buckle is actually attached to the bale on the inside of the shell and acts as a kind of slider.

Cheers mate,

Ian.
    Thank you for the reply.

Probably first time for me to see a Mk.III chin strap on a Mk. II helmet.

Could be wartime applied or post war added, who knows. That doesn't matter, it looks great on the helmet.

Cheers!
    Taka

Hello Taka,

the Mk 3 chinstrap was actually first introduced in 1941 as an economy measure as the earlier Mk 2 chinstraps were constructed with metal springs. As the liner is also dated 1941 I presume it is original to the helmet. I do agree though that you tend to see more Mk 2 helmets with with Mk 2 chinstraps than Mk 3 for some reason.

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 ... LastLast