Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Default what helmet is this

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Home front ARP Wardens MKII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

But a very Battered Wardens MkII

?

Default Mk2 No.2 C 1st Aid Post

First Aid Post & First Aid Party helmets were marked FAP, but in 1942 it was changed to distinguish between the two.
    The helmet is a No.2 C which was factory painted grey, then over painted black with 1st aid post to front & rear. It has a not often seen helmet carrier, which like most I've seen has no markings.
    Chin strap has an asterisk stamp for home front use only, tied to the liner is an piece of cotton with the letters,CLSTA 2C.
    Shell dated 1940 & made by JSS, liner is dated 1939 & was made by J.C.S&W Ltd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Question South African MkII with abbreviations?

I don't think I have posted this helmet here before so here goes. Its a South African MKII with a 1940 dated Jaegarand liner in average condition and most interesting of all it has the letters or abbreviations CPS R&H in black paint. Anyone knows what they are mean't to stand for?

thanks

IanmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Quote by tankfreak View Post
    I don't think I have posted this helmet here before so here goes. Its a South African MKII with a 1940 dated Jaegarand liner in average condition and most interesting of all it has the letters or abbreviations CPS R&H in black paint. Anyone knows what they are mean't to stand for?

thanks

Ian

No idea on what the letters mean, but a very nice lid.
    Regards,

Jerry

Aaron,that helmet carrying webbing looks terrible on that lid.I dont want you to be embarrassed,you better send it my way,eh

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Aaron,that helmet carrying webbing looks terrible on that lid.I dont want you to be embarrassed,you better send it my way,eh
    There is a version for sale on this site, under hats & helmets, page 5.

Bulldog Militaria
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    There is a version for sale on this site, under hats & helmets, page 5.

Bulldog Militaria
    Thanks Jerry,
    Just bought it,price was a bit steep but you hardly ever see them,so i had to take the plunge.
    Ill post her up when i get it.
    Cheers Mate

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Thanks Jerry,
    Just bought it,price was a bit steep but you hardly ever see them,so i had to take the plunge.
    Ill post her up when i get it.
    Cheers Mate
    Glad to help mate. I was tempted but have my eyes on other items at this time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 ... LastLast