MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Hi Mads and a lovely lid it is I do rather like the well worn patina on this one a fine score and I hope to add one to my collection soon.

Regards Mark K

Quote by TIMOWSKI45 View Post
    Some nice lids, enjoyed looking through the pictues. Here's mine dated 1942 "N" Ltd 11 15th scottish but what do you think about the insignia? Original to the helmet.
    Regards
    Peter
    Hi Peter it looks nice, but there are signs that it had seen some use before the flash was applied, so hard to say if done after a bit of use or years later.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Default Mk2 heavy rescue

The majority of Heavy Rescue helmets only have HR to the front but this one has the words.
    Tied to the chin strap is a piece of white plastic with on one side what looks like a U or V AJA 85/6, & on the other side his name & address.
    The shell is dated 1939 & made by HBH, the liner also 39 dated but made by J.C.& W Ltd.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Here's my modest mid-war mk2 with typical brown texture all parts dating to 1943,liner is stamped F F.
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

?

A standard mid war army helmet, as used on D/Day & beyond, can't ask for better.
    These RO&Co 1943 dated ones have a distinctive look, from the front they have a flat appearance, the liner will be FFL.

Thanks Aaron glad you approve.

?

I found this an interesting helmet and added it to my collection last week 1941 dated C.L./C. with hand painted flash and band to the Regimental Police I will start a separate thread on it and a few others next week once they arrive in the post

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

thought id add my first MK2 to the thread, from what I can tell its got a nice amount of original paint ? its some light rusting and i think is 42 dated. unfortunately I haven't been able to make out the manufacturers details. the liners seen better days and stinks to high heavens but its still mostly there and as you can see is 1940 dated. Im fairly new too collecting and this is my first non relic Helmet from this era, so if theres anything im missing or have got wrong or if theres anything anybody could tell me about it id really appreciate to hear it!

?

Looks to be a nice army Mk2, pretty sure the maker on the shell is RO&Co ( Rubery Owen & Co) Liner TTC Teddy Toy Co.
    A very good start.

Thanks for the information

Page 19 of 88 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 ... LastLast