Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

British 1940 RO & CO Mk II,with an RASC flash.
    Liner is an unknown maker,Size 7- E & R 1940.
    Original owners initials and serial number ? on underside of rim.
    Cheers Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Nice helmet, maybe one day will find out who E&R are.

Quote by Anon View Post
    A new one from me, picked up on the weekend, MKII no.2 1C homefront example, with the 3 holes in the brim. In very good condition maker marked on the shell BMB (and yes I know who that is) which is stamped so hard it shows on the top, something I think you see on their rim less versions, no date is visible, but the liner is TTC (and yes I know who they are) 1940 dated. Interestingly it appears to have had the 3 holes either miss stamped or refilled and then stamped again which is not something I remember seeing before. It has textured paint on the rim but it is less obvious on the dome.
    My MKIINo2c has had the holes filled but it looks post war or done to make it sell for more

Edit: sorry for the bad photo, I willl get a better one soon (photo that is not helmet).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    My MKIINo2c has had the holes filled but it looks post war or done to make it sell for more

Edit: sorry for the bad photo, I willl get a better one soon (photo that is not helmet).
    I have seen them filled with pop rivets, but not filled with weld and redrilled.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

There not redrilled just filled.
    Best Regards Matt

Quote by Steelhead10 View Post
    There not redrilled just filled.
    I was referring to my example.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Regards,

Jerry

oh ok then sorry
    Best Regards Matt

?

Do not know much about these so forgive my ignorance. I have several of these but thought I would show two that you may be able to offer more information on. The first black helmet was my Grandfathers and we are told the "CFW" abbreviation was for "Chief Fire Warden"?. It is marked MLS 35 I think, difficult to see under the paint.?. The liner is loose and strangely has a tower of 3 magnets visible in pic4 hidden under the leather insert which unfortunately is now just floating about. Raw edge and I guess this piece was originally manufactured pre-WWII?.

The second helmet is a netted helmet marked HBH 1938 with a liner marked 7 BMB I / 1939, these marking I understand but the shell is also stamped XHII, can somebody explain that please, model maybe or size?. The net is actually two tone and has protected the helmets textured finish brilliantly, I cannot see a scratch except for the expected rim paint loss. Is it normal for these to be finished in blue under the rim and textured finish?.
    So many questions

Thanks for looking!

1938 HBH.........

The raw edge is a WWI version and must have been reused, not seen the CFW markings like that before, looks great.

The second is a HBH --- Harrison Bros & Howson Ltd -- Sheffield,England - 1938 – 1940 and if blue underneath would have been police issue and then perhaps reused for home guard. Both are good helmets and good to see them posted here.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Brilliant, he served in WWI so possibly re-used his lid when he was doing his duty in round 2 . It is what I had hoped to be honest.

Interesting snippet on the blue finish on the HBH, that had not occurred to me, makes perfect sense though. Any idea what the XHII denotes?.

Thanks for the input.

Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 72 ... LastLast