Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

XHII could be the batch number from the steel producers, though I admit it is not a marking I have seen before. Aaron will surely post on this at some stage and if anyone will know, it will be him.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Really nice helmets, very unusual to see the blue inner (Police) & textured army outside.
    The II is for Mk2, & the HX is the steel batch number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Thank you Sir. My curiosity can rest easy now .

Red face

I have 2 in my collection. The red one made by RoCo in 1942 with liner of Teddy and Toy Company in 1942, its named "h. sarwono" and its also have his ID number Name and number of the wearer in mark II brodie - rare? . One of my favorite helmet.
    The other one is in green color. With folded rim and no marking stamp nor liner. I once posted this in WAF and one of the member said this is an indian made mark II mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Edit: the WAF member i mentioned in here is piotrek. I just remembered now.
    Last edited by feldgrau33; 04-16-2014 at 11:01 AM.

SMP
    ?

Here is an early MKI*. I believe the white "M" indicates that the shell is magnetic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

Nice helmet & net Steve, & yes the M is to signify that it is magnetic.
    A first for me the way the name is displayed on the liner,JCS&WLtd is always stamped on the length of the of the strap not the width. Plus also it's a Mk1 but is stamped II?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

SMP
    ?

Yes Aaron , I agree. Strange liner stamps. Here are the other stamps. Note it is a massive size. Maybe it was tailor made ?

?

The largest size they do, all in all a top notch helmet. You lucky B-----.

SMP
    ?

Thanks !

The liner has no rubber buffers whatsoever. Must make wearing it very uncomfortable.

?

Yeah, size 7 1/2 had no buffers on the crown strips, but had 4 buffers on the head band. While 7 3/4's had no buffers at all.

Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 73 ... LastLast