Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

SMP
    ?

Interestingly, here is the same maker and same size , but a year later:
    Attached Images Attached Images mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours 

Wardens MKII, unable to read the makers mark or date and no sign of a makers mark on the liner or date, size 6&1/4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I like the style of the W,most likely a BMB 1939 dated helmet.

?

Quote by SMP View Post
    Here is an early MKI*. I believe the white "M" indicates that the shell is magnetic.
    Cracking helmet SMP the M ink stamp is a first for me I really like the net on this one a lot of work went into the construction.

Nice Wardens Helmet Jerry you are on a role lately

Regards Mark

Well I have to admit guys, it is one I bought for my wife for her birthday. She mentioned a while back that she wanted one if I saw one, and lo and behold, what she wants, she gets, as always.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

My Latest acquisition.

TTC 1940 liner. No makers mark visible on the shell as its covered in green paint. The old colour is still visible on the inside of the helmet. Looks like desert tan but could also just be faded khaki.

Netting is South African type, its loose and just tied with a shoelace, very fragile as well.

Aik
    ?

Default Helmet

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Helmet stamped: FAL 859 1941
    Liner: 6 3/4 L&C 1941

Aik
    ?

[url=http://postimg.org/image/45861t12z/][/img]http://s9.postimg.org/45861t12z/image.jpg][/img]

?

Just another standard army MK2, made by RO&Co, & with the lesser known maker on the liner M&C?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Interesting one Aaron, anything more about the maker who hides behind the M&C?

Think I've seen other British field equipment with this makers mark, but dont remember exactly when and where.

Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 74 ... LastLast