Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Great example of how an originally used WW2 Mk2 should look like.

SMP
    ?

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Great example of how an originally used WW2 Mk2 should look like.
    Thanks , Aaron. I had to pay a premium for that "look", but was happy to do so !

?

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Although un-issued, this is Aussie lid is one of my favourites, will let the pictures do the talking

Quote by JohnF View Post
    mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Although un-issued, this is Aussie lid is one of my favourites, will let the pictures do the talking

A real stunner, I can appreciate the attraction of it, just so pure.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I forget what the dab of black paint means now, there seems to be a few of these turn up over here along with aussie ww2 bayonets

SMP
    ?

Cracking helmet ! Thanks for posting it .

?

the one issue with it, the chin strap springs are broken both sides

?

As we are on the subject of Aussie Mk II helmets I have had this one in my collection for a number of months now and they are very hard to source it is one of my all time favourites as it shows hard use and IMO was field worn in a theatre of operations.
    It is a we bit of a Mystery helmet the only stamps that I can truly make out are on the interior of the helmet body near the rear edge of the rim the number 89 is lightly stamped in the steel and it looks like there are a couple of letters as well but it is near impossible to make them out.
    Not all examples of Australian WW2 Mk II's are marked with the CS batch number IMO it is a period worn original.
    I carefully scraped a little paint of of one of the lugs with my fingernail and found they were indeed stamped as 1940 Mk II's so this does help to narrow down the production date.
    There is some wonderful period Graffiti carved in the textured paint all the way around the helmet five different phrases and statements as best I can tell and IMO done along time ago do to the wear and patina which has obliterated some of it and it is now lost to the ages.
    (AUSTRALIAN LAST HOPE) ( IX ) ( MD )( FISH )( KILL KID )
    The Liner was produced by Dunlop and is well marked and show's the size and Broad arrow mark and the inspectors initials .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

?

A recent addition to my collection is this 1942 Dated G.S.W. steel lot batch prefix A P it is sporting a 1941 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/8 what caught my immediate attention and made this particular Mk II a rather interesting example were the officers pips that have been hand painted on the front of the helmet body with the use of a stencil.
    This of course would denote that the wearer was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Quote by Mark K View Post
    A recent addition to my collection is this 1942 Dated G.S.W. steel lot batch prefix A P it is sporting a 1941 dated VMC liner in a size of 7 1/8 what caught my immediate attention and made this particular Mk II a rather interesting example were the officers pips that have been hand painted on the front of the helmet body with the use of a stencil.
    This of course would denote that the wearer was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant...

Regards Mark
    Nice one Mark, interesting with the painted rank stars.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 44 84 ... LastLast