Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

Default Mk2 with hessian cover.

British MK2 with an early woven net owner a hessian cover, the hessian has a camouflage pattern painted on , ive not taken the cover off of this helmet but I can see the paint is a textured finish.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

'can't wait to see all those pics of MkIIs from SoS 2019........... :-)

....especially the Home Fronters!

Bump

Got a GPO to pick up....pics when I get it as stupidly I did not take any when I had it saved for me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

...suspense is building......looking forward to seeing that Jerry. I’ve got a number of images in the draft and it’s fair to say they seemed to come in all colours, fonts, typefaces etc

?

Someone suggested I post this here. A 1938 Mk II with early doughnut pad liner. Very unusual badge - on the front not the side - which I was told by the auctioneer was 'Anti-Aircraft, London Area, Royal Artillery'. Don't know where they or the vendor got that from and can't find any more out about it. Hoping someone here might have some ideas...mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

I have no idea what this is...other than REALLY nice....but I'm not a MILITARY MkII kinda guy - there are others here who are......and I hope they'll come along shortly...although at the moment the New Posts seem to be dominated by the TR-brigade....so thanks for raining on their parade :-)

...bumping this one 'cos I wanna know what the badge is....I've failed spectacularly to find anything....is everyone else looking too?

One would like to think that if it IS military it would be straightforward (ish).......if it's not military Lord help us as it could be one of thousands of "Factory" ones.

'still lovin' it tho....

It has a USA look to it, but....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It has a USA look to it, but....
    It does look a little that way. I have no idea what it is but I would bet on it being civilian rather than military mainly because of the "shadow" painted to the letters HS. I have never seen that kind of "artistry" on a military lid from any nation or period. So my vote is "industry".

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-04-2019 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 64 of 88 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast