Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

In an effort to stem the tsunami of interest in Home Fronters I offer this one as a sacrificial lamb on the alter of Civil Defence Desire

Senior Supervisory position from Kent in Region 12 (South Eastern). Kent and West Sussex both marked their helmets with their county names.....others, especially in London, used Coat of Arms transfers. So, whilst unusual, this marking was "legal".

In the past I've had some flak for only presenting pics of the pretty exterior and not the detail so often sought by the experts here...so this time I've taken a few close-ups for you to enjoy :-)

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

...this really is quite a rarity.....but I expect the next post to be about something green with a mesh of wool/cotton loosely attached and for that to generate a number of posts.

Did I mention that I've heard there's a book coming out??????

SMP
    ?

Very nice ( for a civilian !) Not sure about the blurry last photo. Maybe that is how you see the word, Adrian ! It would explain a few things .

?

That's a stunner Adrian.

Quote by Composite View Post
    In an effort to stem the tsunami of interest in Home Fronters I offer this one as a sacrificial lamb on the alter of Civil Defence Desire

Senior Supervisory position from Kent in Region 12 (South Eastern). Kent and West Sussex both marked their helmets with their county names.....others, especially in London, used Coat of Arms transfers. So, whilst unusual, this marking was "legal".

In the past I've had some flak for only presenting pics of the pretty exterior and not the detail so often sought by the experts here...so this time I've taken a few close-ups for you to enjoy :-)

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

...this really is quite a rarity.....but I expect the next post to be about something green with a mesh of wool/cotton loosely attached and for that to generate a number of posts.

Well Compo, I've heard rumours of a book, is it true? When's it out?
    "Per Ardua"

ETA is before War & Peace 2019......although it WAS before W&P 2018 :-)

...it is hoped.....

ETA is before War & Peace 2019......although it WAS before W&P 2018 :-)

...it is hoped.....
    Well, put me down for one, you may tempt me across to the dark side ....
    "Per Ardua"

Here's an oldie from the stable of ol' Billy Dobbo and his boy......1938 blah blah blah

'been green once by the looks of things...but with a tiny white diamond...and no, I don't know either...other than MESSENGER of course.....

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yoursmkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

'shame it wasn't still green....might've raised the interest levels :-)

Sorry the last photo here really exposes why this is a pure reproduction, take it from me - I'm an expert

...it's not "steel" (sorry), it's brown and it's got "EC" painted on it....and it's not military either

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

oh, and all that stuff about there being light at the end of the tunnel?....it's either a VERY long tunnel or the fuse has gone........now, where's that DD Luft M35?

?

Out of curiosity, and to stop you complaining about German helmets for two mins

Why does that helmet you posted have weird padding on the top?

Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast