Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Yes. I've tried all the 'engineering' and 'electrical' companies I could find online. No joy so far...

I'd be with you on that one.....something Engineering Services......something Electrical Services (Suppliers?)....night lid though...

Do you have any history with it re it's location/source...or is that simply an auction address?...'clutching at straws but sometimes, just sometimes they don't fall far from the tree

?

Sadly no history, no pointers. Came from what looked like a larger Home Front collection sold through an auction house in Sussex. No idea who was selling or where the collector was based.

Wink

I know it's the wrong Thread (but it's about the only place there's any interest and I WILL put something in "Books" later) but it's kinda looking imminent.....JULY sorta imminent.......

I guess I'll get my sword snapped and epaulettes ripped off for posting in the wrong Thread....so I apologise in advance and prepare to resign my Commission......

...oh and it's now 360 pages, hard cover etc etc....well, they can't rip 'em off twice!...tho I 'spose they can delete the post..in which case it doesn't matter...or remind me that "For Sale" is the right place (although technically I've nothing to sell....yet)....let's see..I might just sneak in under the wire...mainly cos most of the wire's been wrapped around M35s and 42s!!

'might be the shortest Post ever....'clocks ticking.......

Can I have a signed copy!? Can’t wait mate. Btw, would a Roman Catholic priest’s MkII be considered ‘Home Front’?

Cheers,
    Ian

Quote by Composite View Post
    I know it's the wrong Thread (but it's about the only place there's any interest and I WILL put something in "Books" later) but it's kinda looking imminent.....JULY sorta imminent.......

I guess I'll get my sword snapped and epaulettes ripped off for posting in the wrong Thread....so I apologise in advance and prepare to resign my Commission......

...oh and it's now 360 pages, hard cover etc etc....well, they can't rip 'em off twice!...tho I 'spose they can delete the post..in which case it doesn't matter...or remind me that "For Sale" is the right place (although technically I've nothing to sell....yet)....let's see..I might just sneak in under the wire...mainly cos most of the wire's been wrapped around M35s and 42s!!

'might be the shortest Post ever....'clocks ticking.......
    Yeah but it's already out of date!!!

Ian......Priests, Policemen, Fire, Wardens, Guards, Ambulance Drivers, Doctors, Canteen Leaders, Controllers, Engineers, Rescue Workers, Electricians, Water Workers, WVS, Red Cross, First Aid Posts, Blood Transfusion, Messengers, Gas workers, Decontamination,AFS, Fire Guards, Mayors, Transport Officers, Clerks of Works, Stretcher Parties, Queens Messengers, VADS, FANYS St John, Incident Officers....shall I go on??? :-)

...and Rene, whats 60 pages between friends :-)

Enough about the book (here) - this Threads about helmets!

Cheers, can’t wait to see it and good luck.
    Last edited by canti44; 06-16-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Why oh why oh why do cretins strip paint off the inner rim of helmets to then tell people who don't want the paint removed what's under the paint?!!! Guess what?...it's gonna be a makers initials, a date and a steel batch number...ooooh what a surprise...I didn't see that one coming!!!

Let me think now about how many times I've acquired or just looked at a MkII and found it NOT to have been wartime dated?...and how many times have I found a rare undocumented maker like Coca Cola...or Disney, or Phillips Electrical...or General Motors...oh, wait minute, wasn't there that time when I found "unbelievably rare helmet" stamped in the rim......NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Why don't we Nitromors both bottom corners off the Mona Lisa and look for a date?....or tip "David" over to see if there's a Marble batch number, which incidentally no-one cares about, on the base.......or crack a Faberge egg to see if there's a yolk inside.......

....I need a drink......

Ahh all I can do is whack in some period movie shots! '43 "Fires Were Started-"

Page 70 of 88 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 ... LastLast