Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

Article about: To kick this of, my favorite mkII. Liner is Teddy Toy company and the shell is Joseph Sankey & Sons and both are dated 1940. The hand painted serial number matches one from the block of

?

Nice sergeant's helmet, and ownership of it.

Two helmets found in Italy.

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours

'saw another (not C of W) one of these at the weekend and it made me think....

The story is covered at Factory air raid wardens helmet? but to summarise, it's said that hundreds of Battery-labelled helmets were discovered relatively recently...there's certainly a load out there as they often crop up at Fairs. But I've not seen another role-marked example yet I'd've thought that if there was a Clerk of Works there'd also be "Foreman", "Assistant Foreman" etc etc. Has anyone seen another marked example with a different role title?

Let's not fill the thread with pics of un-marked badged examples please.....they're already covered.

?

Petey's got an FB marked one.

A very nice condition Police helmet that I was given the other day. It was found in a charity shop of all places.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours   mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

Nice helmet did the other bits come with it.

No, I’ve had the cape, truncheon and truncheon cover for a while. Unfortunately the cape is not wartime but dated 1951.
    I also have a Police law book from 1939 - shown with my other Police helmet (which is packed away somewhere!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture mkII (&mkI or earlier) Helmets Steel, British & Commonwealth, show yours  

wow!...£193 for a standard NFS helmet...un-ranked..........

?

It is nice, but about £100 over priced.
    Bidders must have been bored, and kept pressing that button.

it was indeed nice....though I was a tad concerned about the black writing on the chinstrap...but it was a plain un-ranked NFS lid...on this basis this one must be worth millions!!
    :-)

Page 79 of 88 FirstFirst ... 29 69 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast