MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKII with service # & named

Article about: A very nice helmet indeed Jerry and it would appear from the general wear and patina and what looks to be the remnants of some dark blue paint on the front of the shell that you may be corre

Default MKII with service # & named

I have this one on the way to me, looks correct, 1940 dated shell and though the liner is said to be dated 1943, it looks to have been there a long time. The shell is smooth inside and textured on the exterior which is I think correct for this date shell.

The Names Jones G/C is common but the service number is in the block allocated to the Royal Welch Fusiliers, so that is partly why I bought it. So he would be known as Jones 970 or 70 depending on his Bn and position. It will go nicely with Jones 06's large pack also on its way to me.

Sellers pics for now until it arrives.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII with service # & named  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I wonder what was the highest number of a Jones?...

?

Always something special to be able to tie a helmet to a person or service.

?

Nice lid Jerry you must be stoked definitely has that been there done that look to it let us know if the liner turns out to be dated earlier than stated by the seller.
    Hard to tell from my so called smart phone but does the liner securing bolt look like it has been replaced with a later war smaller economy variation which might make sense if the liner was replaced at some time in it's service life.

Regards Mark K

Hi Mark, I can only assume until it arrives that it needed a new liner mid war, I assume they take a battering and sometimes need to be replaced. Speculation until it arrives.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

I would agree Jerry regardless Iwould not hesitate to display it with my lids I like them on the norm a little battered worn and salty

Regards Mark K

I am itching to get in the hand so I can have a proper look at it.!!!
    Regards,

Jerry

Arrived today and I think it is 1940 dated on the liner, just not very well stamped. It might have had a painted insignia on the front at one time?

A real beauty in my opinion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKII with service # & named   MKII with service # & named  

MKII with service # & named   MKII with service # & named  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Really nice

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Really nice
    Thanks, I am really pleased with it, well worn but still in good condition if that makes sense.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast