Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.

Article about: Afternoon gents, I just thought I would post a few images of the 2 tone cammo net that I have put onto my MKIII. I appreciate that it may not show up to well in the images, but it is a 2 ton

Default MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.

Afternoon gents, I just thought I would post a few images of the 2 tone cammo net that I have put onto my MKIII. I appreciate that it may not show up to well in the images, but it is a 2 tone! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.   MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.  

MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.   MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.  

?

So is it Canadian, or is it a British net that has not taken to well to the dying process.
    Is the two tone 1/2 & 1/2?

Hi Aaron, it has a clear change of colour from brown to tan across the rear half of the helmet ( as I have put it on) , whether it is Canadian or British, I have no idea, but if you have any "pointers" I would be interested to know. Leon.

?

I had an Canadian net once, they were a lot thicker and heavier than a British one, if you have another one to compare.

SMP
    ?

I can see what Aaron means. Either way the net and helmet make a cracking combination !

( Bet it was a tight fit getting it on )

Quote by SMP View Post
    I can see what Aaron means. Either way the net and helmet make a cracking combination !

( Bet it was a tight fit getting it on )
    Thanks for the advice Aaron, I will try and dig out my netted Home Front MKII and sit them side by side, getting the net on was a little tricky, but it only took a couple of minutes with an extra piece of string holding the front in place while I "caressed" the rear!!! Leon.

Hi, Leon
    here is a comparison between a British MK3 helmet and a Canadian MK2 helmet , both with their original net.
    As Aaron said, the Canadian net is thicker and heavier than the British version, apart the two tone typically Canadian, the thickness of your example seem similar to that British.
    I hope I have helped you.

Regards
    Roberto

MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.MKIII with 2 tone cammo net.
    British net
    Canadian net
    Last edited by OldSteel; 09-25-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: add info

Nice display Leon,all the two tone nets look great regardless of country of origin............

Thanks for that Roberto, I think that mine definitely appears to be a British net going by your comparison images. Either way, it looks good on the helmet so I am happy with it. Leon.