Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers

Article about: I would be interested too...if toutfou passes on it.

Default MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers

I believe this is an MKIII Helmet, I don't know much about this helmet. This is my first British helmet and I was wondering if there were some markings that would tell a little more about this helmet? I have looking around but I couldn't see any. Would the camo be period done, or did this come post war? Same question on the Japanese stickers. There are also about 10 more small stickers that are Japanese characters and look like an stretched out A. They are hard to see and I couldn't get a good picture of them.

Help is always appreciated

Thanks,

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers   MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers  

MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers   MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers  

Default Re: MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers

I can't say for the camo, I can't see the liner properly! has it a removable liner with a lift a dot type fastener? if so its a post war helmet.
    I'm also not sure if the MkIII was issued during the PTO area?

Thanks for the quick reply Rene,

The liner is attached with a Phillips head type screw on the top of the helmet with a hexagon shaped bolt on the interior of the helmet. Sorry about the bad pictures, I will get some tomorrow morning. It is getting late here now!

Thanks,

Alec

Sorry I meant flat head screw driver.

Alec

Quote by thefight View Post
    Sorry I meant flat head screw driver.

Alec
    Then it's WW2 but I can't vouch for the rest
    You're most welcome Alec

?

Looks like a WW2 MkIII, probably made by RO&Co, there should be a makers name date on the liner, & on the inside shell horizontal to the rim.
    Look at pictures of my MkIII to see where to look for dates, a couple down from this thread.
    Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I have looked over the helmet numerous times now and I can't find any marking whatsoever. I have searched the inside of the helmet and outside. Same with the liner and can't see anything. I took some pictures of the liner and the seam of the rim. Some closeups of the camo as well.

Thanks,

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers   MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers  

?

The steel shell will be RO&Co or F&L, the dates on the liner are mostly on the cross over straps in the top of the helmet, one of mine are on the side that faces onto the shell & the only way to see it is take the liner out, or it might be around the rim of the liner.
    The MkIV was produced with the far east in mind, & I don't think they got out there before the war ended, & I don't think the MkIII got out there either.
    Aaron

Very Nice helmet.

Il like japanese stickers.
    regards

Hey Aaron sorry for such a delay in a response. I took the liner out and the only markings I could see is 7 1/2 in white.

Toutfou: thanks, if you are interested this is a piece I would sell.

Thanks,

Alec
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MKIII Camo with Japanese Flag stickers  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast