Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my british helmets

Article about: just a small update on the brit lids ,i fitted a few more modern examples in with the mix ,a few tank helmets or bone domes as there called and a composite cvc crewmans helmet from afghanist

Default my british helmets

here's a few photographs of my british helmet grouping the mk1 brodie as you can tell is in relic condition with no liner but has the retaining pin , mk11 and then mk111 turtle this one is mustard in colour and from the israeli war of 1948 then onto my royal armour corps lid and finally my 1953 dated shell and 1972 dated liner mk5 with 1968 dpm cammo cover and scrim enjoy james my british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmetsmy british helmets
    Regards James

?

Default Re: my british helmets

Col a nice collection there...I have the turtle 1 somewhere in my house??.. I found it in a skip on camp many years ago.. I think it is post war!!!! Cheers Terry.

?

Great set of lids

?

A nice assortment of British helmets

I really like the relic and the MKII and all part of a good collection of lids.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice selection of Lids James,always like the mk11 with small mesh net and first aid bandage,looks the best I.M,H.O.............Jake.

thanks jerry and jake ,silly me i forgot about these two allthough not combat helmets a street fire party zuckerman and warden civil defence helmetmy british helmets
    Regards James

Brilliant! You have it all covered, relics to nets. Excellent

here is a photo from the Israeli war in 1948 showing of the types of helmets used including the British MKII and MKIII

nice group of helmets!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my british helmets  

?

Fantastic display as ever James, I really like the look of the Mk3 especially, I don't think I've seen that one before.

It's also great to see the period head lamp on the Warden example too!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast