Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet

Article about: Morning gents I managed to add another piece to my collection last night I found this Wolseley pattern khaki pith helmet for sale on a little sleeper site I visit from time to time and at a

?

My first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet

Here is the coolest Helmet ever made in Canada!!!!! OK I worked on the new Robo Cop and was given one of the ED-208 lids/heads

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Love pith helmets as well!
    I recently sold the one showed on the skull (in my signature), to Peter Suciu (all time expert regarding pith helmets), as a result of a re-orientation of my collection in general.
    And guess what!
    I am waiting for thise one to show up;
    Attached Images Attached Images My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet 
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thanx Jerry it was with your help and guidance I was able to know what to look for in a nice example by reading some of the threads and posts you have contributed to over the years.

Regards Mark

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanx Jerry it was with your help and guidance I was able to know what to look for in a nice example by reading some of the threads and posts you have contributed to over the years.

Regards Mark
    Good to see that someone took notice of them. As regards the flip in the tail, I have examples with that and some without and I think it is likely to be storage or useage that causes it. They are pretty fragile after all. It does not detract from it all IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Not the best helmet picture I know, but here's my granddaughter wearing my Pith helmet and brandishing my 1894 'Buffs' bugle.

I have no idea if the badge is original to the helmet - or even how old the helmet is for that matter!

My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet

?

Are you kidding me Harry IMO you could not ask for a better picture.
    As to the pith helmet a shot of the interior would help but I believe it is earlier than WW II hard to tell from my phone though looks to be a nice early one to me.

Regards Mark

Default Pith helmet

A few better shots of the helmet. The chin strap was missing when I originally got the helmet some years ago, and the one which is on it came off an old cloth cap. The trim around the edge of the helmet appears to be some kind of white plastic or maybe patent? I have often wondered if the helmet is genuine, although it is definitely made of cork.

My first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith HelmetMy first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet

?

Hi Harry I can not speak to authenticity but it is defiantly a looker I do like the overall patina wear light soiling and staining to the helmet it would display rather nicely in my opinion.
    Here are a few out door images of mine I took last night it as well has some light soiling and staining to the exterior but IMO just adds to the helmets display ability but I am a sucker for used and or worn headgear.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet   My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet  

My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet   My first Wolseley Pattern Pith Helmet  

Nice helmet, although the flower tub needs a little work!

?

Thanks Harry I just gutted all the weeds out of it next time you see a helmet in there it will be a little more colorfull and full of flowers.

Regards Mark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast