Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My little collection of British helmets.

Article about: Hi guys. Here is my little collection of British lids. The brown coloured one is F&L 1/1939 being Fisher & Ludlow in Birmingham, the liner is stamped size 7 JCS & W Ltd I 1939 be

?

Default My little collection of British helmets.

Hi guys. Here is my little collection of British lids. The brown coloured one is F&L 1/1939 being Fisher & Ludlow in Birmingham, the liner is stamped size 7 JCS & W Ltd I 1939 being J Compton Sons and Webb. The tan coloured one is marked size 7 N Ltd II 1942 being S E Norris Ltd, London. The greenish one is size 7 TTC 1942 being Teddy Toy Company Ltd, the shell itself is dated 1941. All are retaining original chin straps and tidy for age.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of British helmets.   My little collection of British helmets.  

My little collection of British helmets.   My little collection of British helmets.  

My little collection of British helmets.   My little collection of British helmets.  

Hi and welcome to the forum , a nice little collection , that will only get BIGGER!! Leon.

?

Is it easy to get Brit lids down your way? Do you have any NZ & Aussie lids.
    Thanks for showing.

?

Thanks guys, it did start out telling my partner I was only after one (ah well she knows how it is now). I did have an Aussie helmet at the start of the year, small size with a Dunlop liner. Most of them seem to be very small sized here and the ones I've had have been in the condition of this one (not an original chin strap). I've noticed British helmets here are up and down starting anywhere from $20-$30 NZD and I've seen the tan ones reach just over $400 NZD on auction and that's really rear to get that high, I think the NZD is 20% less than USD and half the pound at the moment. They go in waves from no one wants them to they just go crazy. I was lucky enough to get these here but I'd have to say real good ones are far and few between with good ones hardly showing up and most are messed with in some way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My little collection of British helmets.   My little collection of British helmets.  

?

Cool helmets Rob.
    It always "starts" out with just "one"

Brad.