Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M1 Helmets

Article about: Its a pity the original straps are missing Gary...regards Dave.

?

Default My M1 Helmets

After my Son found an M1 in junk shop (Which I have posted on this forum) I dug out a couple of my other M1's and thought I would post them here.

The first is one I purchased in the late 1980's at the West Malling airshow,It is in very good condition But never had a strap,I managed to find a new old stock strap at the airshow for 50p,Those where the days when there was plenty about.

The other is a very tired fixed bale helmet,This is how it came to me and I thought I would leave it the way it is.

I can not find any markings on the shells,Did not want to go scraping them.And if anyone knows who made the MSA liner,I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks for looking.

Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 Helmets   My M1 Helmets  

My M1 Helmets   My M1 Helmets  

?

Default Re: My M1 Helmets

Nice lids! MSA = Mine Safety Appliances. The MSA is nice and clean, very nice indeed, the green buckle chinstraps are selling for stupid money, and the Firestone has has later chinstraps added, either by a collector, or a field repair or refurb.

Nice stuff,

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 12-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

HI Andy

Thanks for your help.

The MSA liner and helmet came together,It looks like it has never been worn.

Yes did I see that the straps are going for silly money,The helmet did not cost much when I bought it,As at the time,There was so much of it about.

Regards Gary

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    Nice lids! MSA = Mine Safety appliances. The MSA is nice and clean, very nice indeed, the green buckle chinstraps are selling for stupid money, and the Firestone has has later chinstraps added, either by a collector, or a field repair or refurb.

Nice stuff,

Best Regards,

Andy

Congrats Gary two very nice lids in there own right....mint unused swivel bale with nice mid-war MSA liner with green fixings,then an early fixed bale bale with a late 1942 firestone liner,like Andy said chinstraps were added who knows when,but still a great early looking lid,regards Dave.p.s luv those large mesh nets!!!!!

?

HI

Thanks for your input.

The fixed bale helmet has been beat about,The web straps are a mismatched pair and the liner shows a lot of wear,But it was this that made me buy it.
    It's an honest helmet and I think that's the way it needs to stay.

Gary
    Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    Congrats Gary two very nice lids in there own right....mint unused swivel bale with nice mid-war MSA liner with green fixings,then an early fixed bale bale with a late 1942 firestone liner,like Andy said chinstraps were added who knows when,but still a great early looking lid,regards Dave.p.s luv those large mesh nets!!!!!

very nice

?

2 good lids to have in a collection

Brad.

Two great M-1s for sure

?

After looking again.I have found a stamp in the fixed bale helmet,184E if this means anything.

?

That should mean June 1942.

Best Regards,

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast