Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

My MK 5 & 6

Article about: Here's my MK V & 6. One would love to think that the MK V seen the Falklands! I know for sure the MK 6 seen service in the First Gulf war.

Default My MK 5 & 6

Here's my MK V & 6. One would love to think that the MK V seen the Falklands! I know for sure the MK 6 seen service in the First Gulf war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My MK 5 & 6   My MK 5 & 6  

My MK 5 & 6   My MK 5 & 6  

My MK 5 & 6   My MK 5 & 6  

My MK 5 & 6  

'Nice....according to ebay virtually every Mk5 for sale nowadays is a Falklands survivor :-) I spose it would be possible to trace back numbered helmets but that doesn't seem to have been as common as it is nowadays - most 6s and 7s come with a name and number....perhaps it's linked to the invention of the Sharpy!!

Luckily the MK 6 came from a family member, which probably made me start a helmet collection off. The MK V was just an eBay buy.... listed as a "vintage helmet"

Ive always liked the "turtles" (MKIII, IV & V) something about them grabs me.
    They can be found relatively cheap (at the moment) and they look good.

Well Mr Cumbrian make sure you keep a "service history" with that Mk6...where it served and when...that will give it that something-special when the big (horrible) day comes....

Composite that horrible day will not come with me lol. I'll be passing down my personal collection down to currently my Son, I'll be having more children in the future (hopefully) so they'll get them. I won't be selling any of my own personal collection on.