MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

My MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

Article about: Here are just a few pics of my Turtleshells. First up is my mystery MK III helmet with the strange Batch number (A00) which looks to be made by BMB and is in a strange colour. Next is a MKII

Default My MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

Here are just a few pics of my Turtleshells.

First up is my mystery MK III helmet with the strange Batch number (A00) which looks to be made by BMB and is in a strange colour.
    My MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

Next is a MKIII in original Khaki finish. No Date or manufacturer visible but I believe it Is a BMB.
    MKIII chinstrap.
    Liner is a MKII 1941 dated by A LTD.My MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

This one is missing its Liner and has no visible date or manufacturer but is in its original Dark Brown which is worn quite smooth. I think it is a Rubery Owen.
    My MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

MKIII in Postwar Olive by BMB and dated 1945.
    Liner is a 1945 dated FFL.
    The strap is the remains of a MK3a which has been cut short on one side.
    My MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collectionMy MKIII and MKIV helmet collection

MKIV 1945 dated by BMB in its original textured Dark Brown Paint.
    Liner is MKIII but unable to read very light stamping.
    Starp is original mark III with matching rust marks.

Finally is this Korean War MKIV 1952 dated BMB in original finish and colour.
    Belonged to Major Danes of Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers.
    MK III Liner 1952 dated
    MKIV chinstrap.

?

Great collection of Mk3/4's, which clearly shows how these helmets were used over the years. With repaints and refurbishment.

SMP
    ?

Great collection !

I suspect the first one may be one of those Belgian MKIII clones. I would ask Roger Lucy .

?

The Belgium clone has the rivet for the chin strap lug lower than on an Brit Mk3, i think it is a Brit Mk3. You could always try a magnet on the rim, these are magnetic on Belgium clones.

A fine collection of "turtle's", you are going to need a bigger aquarium! Leon.

Thanks for looking guys, I am glad you enjoyed them. Nothing complicated just nice straightforward helmets.
    Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A fine collection of "turtle's", you are going to need a bigger aquarium! Leon.
    The bigger aquarium is the garage, no longer any room in the house with a proposed extension on the way, I have had to clear my loft room. It is why I have been waxing them to help preserve them in the slightly damp atmosphere. I have to try and keep the rodents away as well.