Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My para helmet, as promised

Article about: This is my para helmet. I guess that it is not in great condition, but I like it. My memory played a little trick on me. I seemed to remember that it was dated 1943, but it is actually dated

Default My para helmet, as promised

This is my para helmet. I guess that it is not in great condition, but I like it. My memory played a little trick on me. I seemed to remember that it was dated 1943, but it is actually dated 1944. I hope that you like it.

All the best
    Stig Erik
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My para helmet, as promised   My para helmet, as promised  

My para helmet, as promised   My para helmet, as promised  

?

Default Re: My para helmet, as promised

A nice MkII when you said 43 I wondered if it was going to be the leather chin strap type or the first year production of the MkII webbing chin strap.
    Looks like it was used in the middle east post war by the lighter colour.
    Aaron

I don't think that it has been used in the middle east. This is most probably one of the helmets that was given to Norway post war. The helmet has only one layer of sand mixed paint. I posted the helmet on a helmet forum, a while back, and I got the reply that the colour was called pea green, and that this colour was allso used on para helmets during the war.

All the best
    Stig Erik

?

Very nice lid would love to have that piece in my collection I do notice in photo number two there is a triangle shadow on the side of the helmet was there ever a decal there at one time or are my tired eyes playing tricks on me

Regards Mark K