Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?

Article about: Can anyone please help me figure out the Authenticity of my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet!? I am very frustrated and cannot find any info on it what-so-ever! I know it's Vietnam era because of the i

?

Default Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?

Can anyone please help me figure out the Authenticity of my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet!?

I am very frustrated and cannot find any info on it what-so-ever!

I know it's Vietnam era because of the inside set up for the cloth and leather.

The insides seem to be authentic but the "Liner" is actually a liner or just a reproduction. The outside liner/shell has a cork finish and is a very thick fiber glass/ plastic material. The inside has one marking= 5" And one marking on the Inner parts, its just a triangle with something in the Middle.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help find info on this helmet or determine if it is a Reproduction or not.

Here are some pics

Thanks!

AlexIs my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?

?

I'm no expert but I don't think it's Vietnam era US issue. I think The chin straps should attach to the metal shell not the liner. I've also read that the headband suspension is fixed on the nam era helmets and only became removable post war. As I said I'm no expert and wait for someone more knowledgeable to respond

Yep - this is not a U.S. helmet or liner. I believe
    it could be an Iraqi M-80.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Yep - this is not a U.S. helmet or liner. I believe
    it could be an Iraqi M-80.........
    I believe you are spot on, it has the Iraqi triangle mark on the straps.

Yes, Iraqi M80. Heres my one brought back by a British soldier in 2003. Yours in unusual in not having the desert tan overpaint, and being in unworn condition, they are normally very well used.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?   Is my Vietnam Era M1 Helmet Authentic?  

?

Thanks everybody! At least I know its a real Military Helmet and not a reproduction.

So its about Mint condition right?

?

The Vietnam type Setup and the M1 style fooled me :P

it's a South Korean made export , other countries in the middle east also use it

Egypt, Iran, Iraq , some Africa countries, Peruvians and also the South Koreans used it

also known as the Korean M76 or the M80 in Iraq