MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!

Article about: I doubt it was a movie prop.....just something made up to make someone happy

Default Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!

What on earth is this helmet. Picked up at an estate auction in Western Massachusetts. Came along with a ton of nazi picture books and other ww2 items. Looks like a sweedish shell, says Hitler Youth, has a jewish star, a german phrase, and "a gift from Lt Bruno Stachel"

sorry about the extra pics first time here, hoping to find alot of info...need to get my engineering degree finished hopefully some of this stuff finds its way into the right hands!

Also RAF symbol on helmet?
    Hoping to find it a good home somewhere but first finding out what exactly it is, and if its worth anything is first on the list...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!   Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!  

Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!  

Default Re: Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!

I'm not a big fan of the helmet; RAF roundel from a model kit? Fresh yellow paint? Swedish helmet....?

Lt. Bruno Stachel was the character played by George Peppard in the 1966 film 'The Blue Max' and "Du weiss nichts aber wir haben wege!" translates very roughly along the lines of "You have nothing we know the way!" but perhaps HPL can give the real schnizzle on that...

The photo's/postcards are all mass produced, no original pic's there, the album is regularly faked, seen for sale all over the web, the spread eagle badge (is that for a pilot or summat?) looks very poor when you check out the finish on the swastika and bird (rear shot is too blurred for my lamps!)

Sword (polizei?) don't know, 1914 EK watch fob looks repro, Auto Union badge stands a chance (Should have Ges.Gesch. A.Stubbe, Berlin above pin) other badges and medal ribbons could be o.k. but not sure....Very vague I know, but it's late old bean.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Mystery Helmet, RAF Decal, Sweedish Made, German writing? First time posting here hope to make some friends!

Ned thank you so much for attempting to find some answers. The books are deffinetly all original but your the second person to tell me they were massed produced...Im sure we can find a home for them somewhere though, when u take the paper covers off the books are very beautiful. The auto badge says what u said on the back...the police sword has a lobster symbol that says Pet Dan Krebs Solingen or something along those lines. If i could track down what this helmet is that would be best...If i sold it for $10 id be making profit (bought a lot and sold a ww2 victory shoe shine kit and a ww2 MP armband which paid for the rest of the lot...US AA command patches, about 2 ounces worth of sterling badges and medals and some other cool stuff)...Anyway I have dozens more items hopefully this will be my new home away from home this week, trying to sell our entire collection and get a new 2010(something) car to help finish my engineering degree here in Massachusetts!

Any Idea what those service bar (the one with 4 diff ones) is worth? I wouldnt mind selling that first...the sword on the other hand or our luftwaffe helmet are a little more "attached" to me, but the right $ always changes that! Time to get to taking pictures of the 100+ items left in the house! Take Care Thanks Again!

Anthony

?

I reckon the helmet definitely has something to do with the movie.....the decal is from a model kit.....I reckon some father bought a cheap helmet to give to his son who was a fan of the film.....I mean it sonething I would do!!!!!

The Police sword is probably worth a little over $1000 judging from the pictures. Maybe more depending on condition of the blade and rest of scabbard. Helmet is a Swedish helmet.

Regards, Corey
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 05-26-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Looks like there may be a lot of repro stuff in that group photo.
    The helmet is indeed Swedish.

You will have to post items individually in their appropriate
    sections for authentification.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The helmet is a Swedish M26. The phrase says "you know nothing, but we have ways!"

Hi Anthony, and welcome to the forum!

The badge Ned was struggling to ID is the Membership Badge of German Academy of Aeronautical Research. It is a copy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Right, this MUST somehow be related to the Blue Max. Wonder if it was a movie prop? noticed it has a crown stamp on the back inside rim and number 77 i believe. Maybe I should find the Blue Max fan forum...lol.

- - Updated - -

I am going to post a half dozen pics of the sword in its own thread and try to sell it. I know the pic of the handle is rough but the rest of it is in very nice condition. Thanks for the info!

Saw the silver mark and got a little excited, couldn't have been many of the originals made correct? Maybe someone would want the copy its rather nice in person. Thanks for the info, from now on ill try to do one item at a time in the right place! Thanks Everyone for making me feel welcome, its a pleasant change and I'd love to stick around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast