Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

n.h.s.r mkiv turtle

Article about: Here's a nice little set i picked up from a great bloke on here ,so thank you james (spitace ) now i believe this stands for national hospital reserve the acompanying beret shows use for st

Default n.h.s.r mkiv turtle

Here's a nice little set i picked up from a great bloke on here ,so thank you james (spitace ) now i believe this stands for national hospital reserve the acompanying beret shows use for st johns ambulance which would make sense for a reservist ,it has the LTD liner dated 1952 ,a great addition to my small collection of turtles n.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtle
    Last edited by James C; 01-24-2015 at 09:51 PM.

?

Here's a nice picture of it in use, & as with yours painted white inside as well as the outside.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture n.h.s.r mkiv turtle  

Thanks for sharing this James

superb photograph Aaron ,thanks for posting

cheers matt ,as it doesnt have one i wonder if the period beret had a metal insignia or patch fitted originally

Nice Turtle James and once again some very nice friendly generosity taking place,well done to all parties involved................,p.s and a nice growing Turtle collection too Bud............

thanks jake i know im letting the side down and should have a growing m1 collection well to cut a long story short i purchased this off site without knowing james was the seller as you can imagine i was relieved to find out he was and because of his wrf status i could rest easy knowing they are original and authentic pieces ,he was also true to his word and sent me a visor to complete my mk6

You collect whatever makes you happy,no more no less Bud,anyway M1's are becoming an expensive business,afterall I should know,can't stop buying the bloody things,need to remortgage at this rate................

i hear you jake are the m1's thin on the ground in the uk ? im always reluctant to buy as so many euro clones are masked by genuine us covers and we can all do without the hassle of returning them ,i notice from the few ive viewed on the bay the sales pitch for m1's is in the style of and such like ,it seems the sellers know they are not what they seem so buyer beware

Quote by James C View Post
    Here's a nice little set i picked up from a great bloke on here ,so thank you james (spitace ) now i believe this stands for national hospital reserve the acompanying beret shows use for st johns ambulance which would make sense for a reservist ,it has the LTD liner dated 1952 ,a great addition to my small collection of turtles n.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtlen.h.s.r mkiv turtle
    Hi James, a nice little grouping there, I have no evidence to back this up, but would it not make more sense for this to be National Health Service Reserve? Just seems logical to me, but I am happy to be corrected. Leon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast