Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named Army MkII

Article about: Just a thought here, With so many early war Helmets being marked with Name and or serial number. Im wondering if there was any directive after a certain year,to not put names on a helmet. ie

?

Default Named Army MkII

A well used army helmet with on the inside brim a service number & name, 1386084, WATT J S. The Royal Artillery, Coast Defence & Anti-Aircraft Branch were allocated a block number of 721,001-1,842,000 so Mr Watts would fall into one of those branches.
    Can't see a date on the shell but the liner is dated 1939 & made by HELMETS Ltd.
    Does anybody else have a helmet with name & number on?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Army MkII   Named Army MkII  

Named Army MkII   Named Army MkII  

Named Army MkII  

?

Default Re: Named Army MkII

Fine looking MKII Aaron

Brad.

I've never seen a lid with the regimental number on it before like that. Thanks for sharing.

NCA
    ?

Nice lid.My RA flashed mk2 with net has a name and number but they are very hard to read...i'm reluctant to move the net too much as its been on forever.Ill have a look in the daylight.

?

I've got another RA MkII with the name & number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Army MkII   Named Army MkII  

I had shown this one before (prior to deleting all of my pictures). It is probably the most prolifically named helmet in history, Mr J.R.WEST was obviously very worried about it being pinched!!!! Any ideas on what D.C.J.T.C stands for?

?

No one was going to take that helmet by mistake, can't help with the initials. Hard for you to tell I expect but is there a date on the shell, looks like dark brown textured paint inside.
    Aaron

Really nice marked MkII's fellas.
    Heres a British named MkII i have,
    Its a RASC with Flash,Ro & Co 1940 shell and just the initials and part serial number (which i still have no info about)
    Cheers Mick

Named Army MkII  

Quote by tinlid View Post
    No one was going to take that helmet by mistake, can't help with the initials. Hard for you to tell I expect but is there a date on the shell, looks like dark brown textured paint inside.
    Aaron
    I finally managed to dig out the helmet! Unfortunately the paint is too thick to see any date on the shell, the liner is dated 1940. The paint is dark brown and textured and runs underneath the liner so it must have been painted with the liner removed. It was obviously painted by brush as there is still a bristle in the paint!

Here is a named Brit lid I have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast