Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named Engineers MKII

Article about: Picked up yesterday from one of the dealers I know in the Cardiff area, though not the one from whom I have bought a few over the last few months. No sign of the makers mark on the shell but

Default Named Engineers MKII

Picked up yesterday from one of the dealers I know in the Cardiff area, though not the one from whom I have bought a few over the last few months.

No sign of the makers mark on the shell but the MKI liner is by Vero and dated 1939. The sheel is a back overpaint over the original green with a large E for Engineer to the front beneath which is a small K. Under the brim it is named to G. Kipling which I assume accounts for the small K already mentioned.

This helmet was formerly in the collection of one of our regular helmet spods.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named Engineers MKII   Named Engineers MKII  

Named Engineers MKII   Named Engineers MKII  

Named Engineers MKII   Named Engineers MKII  

Named Engineers MKII  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Very nice MK2, I had never seen one for engineer, very particularly also the bolt on the contrary to protect his head.

Nice buy Jerry,1st Engineer marked Lid for me also.well done...........

Super helmet Jerry, a very unusual variation. Leon.

SMP
    ?

Very nice , but I would suggest it is "E" for "Electricity" - as in RP/E .

Quote by SMP View Post
    Very nice , but I would suggest it is "E" for "Electricity" - as in RP/E .
    I had the same thought when I bought it but from searching on another forum it was posted that E was for Engineer. The poster is a well known collector and showed another example, but was also the owner of this example in the past.

I guess most of us here would accept that he knows what he is talking about, though I am sure he would agree that some of the home front helmet designations are not know for certain as to their exact meaning and in fact mentions it is only a guess that it is E for Engineer.

Home Front: 1939 to 1945 Helmets - Page 9 - Non-Combat Items of the British Empire & Commonwealth - Historical War Militaria Forum

Either way it is only the second helmet I have seen with just the E as its marking.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.