MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Near Mint Westy Liner with Medic decals.

Article about: I thought this to be a very new liner when I first spotted it at the swap meet a few days ago and almost kept walking. Turns out to be a near mint Westinghouse liner with Medic decals. I gue

Default Near Mint Westy Liner with Medic decals.

I thought this to be a very new liner when I first spotted it at the swap meet a few days ago and almost kept walking. Turns out to be a near mint Westinghouse liner with Medic decals. I guess there's no way to be sure, but the decals and liner appear to be equally untouched by years passed. Maybe I'm missing something here but the webbing is super clean, the white of the decal is super white, and the only damage is a few scuffs here and there with two tiny splits along the rim. My guess is that it's all original and has been stored in perfect conditions since birth. Check it out and any comments are very welcome.

?

Very nice liner.

?

I don't think the medics decals are very old, I think they are more recent additions

Yeah, hard to imagine they are but this liner seems to have been in a hermetically sealed capsule or something overall. I've seen mint liners before but you could eat a bowl of soup outta this one. Who knows?

they look to be a vinyl type material ( from the stretch marks )
    Were vinyl stickers even around in WW2 or Korea????? I don't think so - they were still using waterslide decals in the 1960's.
    I don't doubt the liner but the decals don't get my vote, sorry.....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Decals are actually a pretty heavy water slide. The perimeter has about a 1/8 inch of clear that is very much set into the flat finish of the liner. Building model kits for many years as a kid tells me these are certainly water slide and not vinyl stickers. Quite possibly newer, but if a sticker I would have removed them easily with a heat gun. These aren't coming off.

Ok, sorry
    They looked like vinyl to me.
    I thought if water slide they would have cracked in the unsupported sections over the years?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

They are very heavy material and I really don't know what to think. I'm familiar with the typical decals found on helmets and these are heavy duty it seems. Also, I wonder why this would be done and so perfectly placed. Certainly not to deceive at 10 bucks and I don't think it was used as a child's toy. Maybe a surplus liner done in the late 60's or something.

You won't see these 'decals' - they really look like vinyl
    stickers - when the liner is in a helmet anyway,
    so a very good buy for $10.........!
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 10-19-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Additional text
    Regards,

Steve.

?

I think more than likely some bought the helmet surplus in the 60s and added the decals